I love food! Maybe a little too much. In this post I share my 10 ten favourite snacks which are still healthy- in moderation.
- Frozen grapes– One of my all-time go-to snacks, especially when the weather is warm. Nothing better like mini sorbet-like goodness
- Cucumber and Capsicum Soldiers– strips of cucumber and capsicum dipped in home-made gua’ to be fancy
- Jewels (Carrots cut in a haphazardly) delightful way to get the crunch
- Raw almonds– quick RAW protein hit
- Roasted Chickpeas– find them in the nutritional aisle, the ones here come in a single serves which are so handy!
- Dates– sweetness!
- Frozen watermelon– easy to prepare semi-freddo…just cut ’em up! Warning: don’t leave them in the freezer for too long. 30-45mins is just nice.
- Fro yo (frozen yogurt)- I frequent places like red spoon, such a treat!
- Pistachios– Buy them whole and enjoy the satisfying cracking of shells that reveal their yellow-green goodness
- Energy-mix– the one with cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, chocolate buttons!
As I work in the community (read: out and about), I keep 2 small tubs of snacks, like almonds and the energy mix in my bag, to cure the munchies!
I’m not a expert, this list provided is to share with you, as the title states, my favourite snacks. Please consult your doctor/nutritionist/dietician should you be inspired to commence healthy eating towards a healthy lifestyle!
Have you got a list of favourite go-to snacks? Share them below, I would love to hear your favourites!