Wow! An award! I’m slightly speechless (not for long)! I don’t usually win anything and this is truly amazing- to be recognised by peers! So thank you Drew from Breakfastinlimbo for your nomination! Drew was nominated by Erin from hodgepodgepilotswife. Below is her description of the award-simply perfect.
I say love because “liebster” is derived from the German word lieben, which means to love. Loosely interpreted, it can also mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, or beloved. So a Liebster Award is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.
As passed on to me, here are the rules for receiving and accepting this award:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers. (I may have included others that have more…)
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
And here are ten questions given to me:
- What’s the most memorable moment in your life so far? My most memorable moment to date is getting married to the love of my life. We had 2 weddings, one at the registry and another a traditional big white wedding when we’d saved up enough money. It wasn’t the ‘big’ wedding that touched me the most, rather, it was the simplicity and intimate gathering on that Wednesday morning.
- Who is the most inspiring person you know? It would have to be my coach and friend Stephanie Pyke who is beautiful on the inside and out. Who is a natural born leader and is not afraid to try something and/or go for what she wants. Generally level-headed and thoughtful, she’s inspiring because she does not realise how beautiful and inspiring she really is!
- What’s your favourite season of the year? Bring on Summer! I love the beach and the sun! Excuses to increase the consumption of frozen yogurt is widely accepted!
- What book do you think everyone must read in high school? I think reading should happen at every age! I love to read- it gives my imagination a workout and I get to BE someone else, somewhere else! if I have to pick one publication of sorts, I would say the school handbook- That way you can discover the loop holes and exploit away!
- If you had a TARDIS where or when would you go? I’m not going to lie, I had to google this. Drew, couldn’t you just have said time machine?! I think the questions should be where/ when wouldn’t I go. The first thing I would do though would be turn back time and give my cat Leo a big cuddle before I leave him for the recent trip to Melbourne. Leo’s moved on to kitty heaven when I was away.
- What is your favourite video game? Do arcade games count? If so, there is no doubt, Daytona!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Never to second guess myself.
- What can you not live without? Food. Family. Friends- In that order 🙂
- What superpower would you want and would you use it for good or evil? I don’t want superpowers, I want to be a genius like Tony Stark, or at least have Tony as a friend. Hopefully my decisions will be for good.
- What is your favourite family tradition? Going on big family holidays. Nothing fancy, just being together! It used to be yearly, but as we get older and get distracted by other commitments, it has been a challenge. However a big family holiday is in the making for next year!
The blogs I nominate are below:
Here are your TEN questions!
- What inspires you to write/blog/get creative?
- What are some things that you would like to try?
- What’s your favourite season of the year?
- What is the best advise you got and from whom?
- Which character (movie/TV/Book) do you find inspiring?
- How do you pick your mood up?
- If you got lost in a jungle who would you call for help?
- What does “inclusion” mean to you?
- What is your favourite treat?
- What is your favourite form of exercise?