Have you ever left your contacts in without meaning to do so and waking the next morning with it being all sticking causing a fair amount of discomfort and blurry vision?
Below is a recipe of a smoothie I made literally with one eye open. Packed full with nutrients, this is a basic green smoothie made with what I had in my fridge the first time I blitzed it up.
The recipe below will yield approximately 1L of smoothie depending on how much liquid and fruit/veg you put in :).
- A blender- I’m using a KAMBROOK Blitz2Go- nothing fancy 🙂
- 4-5 handful of spinach
- 550-600 ml of water/almond milk/coconut water (I use Almond milk)
- 1 Banana, break of into blender
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced in to wedges
- 0.5 cucumber (More if you like), sliced
- 1 stalk of Celery (More if you like), chopped
- A 1 L bottle/jar/container (I bought mine from the Reject Shop for $2)
*I made my smoothie in 2 rounds to yield 1 L, if you are going to do the same, split the ingredients in half, blend separately and combine in the jar.
- Blend the spinach and liquid until it is smooth or the consistency you want, this works for any leafy veg that you are incorporating into your smoothies to make a nice and smooth consistency.
- Use frozen bananas for colder deliciousness!