Tomorrow is the first day of work for me. I was going to name the short post “Chase the Blues Away’- But I didn’t because I like blue and blueberries. In order to celebrate my first day of work, I have pre-blended a smoothie so that I am all set for the morning- Yes, innocent blueberries have sacrificed themselves for the blending of the yumminess!
Yields: 500 ml
- Knife and chopping board- if you have not pre-cut the fruit and veg
- measuring cup (optional)- I totally endorse eyeballing!
- 2 cups/handful of spinach
- 300 ml water/ almond milk/ coconut water
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 banana
- 1 cup/handful of blueberries
If you’ve got a regular blender like I do (KAMBROOK Blitz2Go) blend the spinach with the liquid first until smooth before placing all the other ingredients.
Fresh is always best but if you are strep for time, blending the smoothie the night before can save a lot of time in the morning. Instead of potentially feeling rushed, you’ll have a smoothie ready to go, like you’ve got a house elf!
I’ve used frozen avocado in place of banana, still results in a creamy blend without the sweetness.