I came home today feeling more peeved off that ever- actually I’ve been feeling ticked off since I woke up this morning.
Why you ask?
I am tired. Simple as that. the recent holiday has my body clock going haywire. My normal routine usually gets me up bright and early at 05:30, springing out of my bed, ready to conquer the day! I never snooze the alarm.
It’s only been 3 days back and I have been finding myself still wide awake at 00:30. Wide awake at 03:30, going back to bed and then dragging myself out of paradise at 6:30 after snoozing the alarm to H’s irritation!
I hate being late, so I set an alarm on my personal phone, work phone and iPad to make sure one of them wakes me up.
I internally reprimand myself for letting it get this bad, anymore days of this and it will be affecting my productivity at work.
So tonight, I am going to take steps to ensure a beauty sleep fit for a princess:
- Use my calming Lavender spray (a couple of spritz on my pillow and doona)- Lavender is known to ease nervousness, anxiety and stress, definitely helps when it smells incredible!
- Scribble down all the thoughts in my head, to-dos, reminders, randomness
- Leave technology in the other room (especially my iPAD as I use it mainly for YouTubing…and I’m kinda addicted to watch videos, especially eating challenges and competitions….)
- Dim ALL the lights including covering light from power points
- Settle in and start counting sheep…
Hopeful I can get some structure back in place…soon.
What do you do to help you sleep?