TC Stan has come and gone, it was a wild night that I slept through, clearly too old for parties! Anyway, in my previous post, I promised a smoothie recipe- here it is!
In recent years I have been hearing about green smoothies, some say that they have great health benefits and that the blending process allows for nutrients to be better absorbed into the body- but I’ve never tried one.
One thing that I have identified, with regards to nutrition, is that I struggle with my greens intake. This is especially so if I have not been organised and did no meal preparation let alone planning.
I thought that green smoothies was a great way to boost my intake of greens without having to sit with a giant bowl of salad.
I started to make green smoothies with spinach as the base. I was not very familiar with Kale other than making them into Kale chips so I was a little dubious about the taste of it in a smoothie.
I was at the supermarket in town and just my luck, all the spinach were gone from the shelf, like I mean completely empty (also note, people were panic buying due to Tropical Cyclone Stan coming towards the Pilbara coast). The only think that remained (in that section) were packets of Baby Kale, so I jumped at the opportunity to try something new! Below is a quick and easy recipe for All Kale the Hero:
- A blender (mine is a KAMBROOK Blitz2Go)
- Natural measuring tool- your hands
- A YouTube video by your favourite YouTuber (optional: great for a little background noise especially if you are travelling solo)
- Your superhero name and signature move or catch phrase
- 2 handfuls of Baby Kale
- ½ a Lebanese Cucumber, sliced
- 1 handful of frozen Mixed Berries
- 250-400 ml of filtered elixir of life (water)
- Say your superhero name
- Perform your signature move or say your catch phrase
- Combine the Baby Kale and water and blitz
- Add the Cucumber and Mixed Berries blitz well
If you were a superhero what would be your name and super power?