I’ve been having trouble sleeping- taking ages to fall asleep; tossing and turning seeming to be laying on a bed of rocks.
Some contributing factors are as follows:
- Fast-paced work envrionemnt
- Never ending tasks
- Possums/ bats/ creature that likes to stay up all night screeching/ thumping, the works
Today I’m making it a point to unwind to have a better night sleep, this is what I did:
- Spray my calming Lavendar Spray
- Switch off all electronic devices… I will be after I write this.
- Switch off the light and be enveloped in total darkness
I’m desperate enough for a good sleep that I did a quick search online for tips. I came across Dr. Andrew Weil’s 478 breathing technique which acts like a natural tranquilzer for the nervous system.
The 478 technique is as follows:
- Inhale through the nose and count to 4.
- Hold your breath for 7counts
- Exhale through the mouth for 8 counts.
I’m hoping this will work! It does say it takes a bit of practice but wish me sleep 🙂
Check out Dr. Weil’s video is here.