Next time I think that having hash browns prior to a cardio session is the best idea, I will remember the moment we finished the sesh and I’m sprawled on the floor feeling green!
So this is how it all went down…
H and I drove to our favourite beach in search of the best dune for our session.
We did a quick warm up to check out the dune (picture was taken at the top of the dune)
- Run up the dune
- 5 diamond sit up
- 5 straight leg sit up with twist (each side)
- 5 leg lowers
- 5 v ups
Keep going until partner 1 returns
When this was done I was not feeling so crash hot!
However, we continued with:
- 1 dune lunges- slow lunges, focusing on length of each step. Getting a firm foothold can be tricky due to very loose sand!
Cool off in icy water and a few wave sprints:
- Be at least thigh deep in the water
- Wait for the pull of the water – that’s when you know a big one is coming
- Watch the wave peak, stay put as long as you can before sprinting up the beach
- Be sensible- if you can’t swim or are not comfortable, don’t do this.
- These were fun to do as the intervals between sets are not identical- I had so much fun that I lost track of how many I did.
What are some unusual ideas you have for exercises?