Pumpkin soup is one of my favourite soups and nothing goes past home made.
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 0.25 Japanese pumpkin, cubed
- 0.5 butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 3 cups of stock
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of mince garlic
- 1 tablespoon of nuttlex
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast iron pot, drizzle the olive oil. Put in the onions, sweat the onions, when it changes colour, add the minced garlic.
- Once fragrance permeates the kitchen, add the pumpkin and sweet potato- give it a quick stir
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil
- Once it boils, reduce to a simmer
- Once the sweet potato and pumpkin are soft, give it a quick blitz and add the nuttlex.
- Top it off with roasted flava beans and serve.